• Relocation Assistance for New Hires (Corporate Positions)

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by HuntersO2Tank

Hello!

I am applying for a position with a Class I railroad that will be based at its headquarters. It's a salaried position but not in operations management. I'll have to sell my house and move if I get the position, and I'm wondering if anyone can advise on what the relocation assistance programs at the railroads look like.
  by Gadfly

Not having been in management, I can't share on this one. It would seem to me (guessing), that the policy for would vary amongst the roads. It could be that, since you are hiring for the first time, they may expect you to do this on your own. If, of course, you have been AT a location for a period of time, they would be responsible for relocation and even re-selling your former house. If the company's policy is to relocate a new hire immediately, or include it as part of his hiring package, then so be it. MIght depend on how "high up" your job in the hierarchy is!

AT NS, the agreement employees receive relocation assistance as well.

GF