• Reading FP7 Ramble - November 1 2008

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by Miketherailfan

For those interested, there will be an excursion using RDG FP7s 902 and 903 to the Strasburg Railroad on November 1st. The link for a ticket order form can be found at http://www.readingrailroad.org/info/rcths_trips08.pdf

Ticket orders must be in by October 20 (I know, 5 days is somewhat a short time away). Be sure to support the first mainline excursion of the FP7s to Strasburg since 2001!

-Mike
  by kevikens

Do you know what passenger equipment will be used ? I hope it will not be the SEPTA bombs.
  by Urban D Kaye

Just went to the RCTHS site and saw that this ramble has been canceled, stated reason: low ticket sales. WTF? Anyone else heard this news?
  by NYSW3614

Yes it was canceled. Although I did not buy a ticket, I hope they did a better job of informing people who did of the cancellation as the website was still advertising it until recently. I would have enjoyed the ride but I have to work, and I'd rather spend my money riding an R&N steam trip (which I did) then paying $95 to drive into Philadelphia, ride a train of SEPTA coaches to Strasburg.

Hopefully 2009 be better.

The SD45