• Raritan River RR general questions

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by transit383

The schedule has been the same for the past few years... trains run all the way up the line to Silverline Windows (crossing Ryders Lane and running through Milltown) on Mondays and Thursdays, usually around 4:30pm.

by prt1607j

fortunately for me.. i live approximately maybe 1000ft plus or minus ish from the RRRR main in EB by the apple bees/ acem area... i have watched and walked those tracks many times and yes they are VERY active.. i hear horns just about every day blowin for the ryderslane (acme) crossing by where continental can used to be and harts lane.. the one customer i can think of on the line is silverline windows which is right off RT.1 by devry (cousin used ta did drive a truck for them) .... there is a passing siding in EB behind the old smiths farm on milltown/ harts lane.. it is now a housing developement (which i was and still am very against).. any way.. yes they are active... usually cylindical hoppers, two "buffer" box cars one with friction bearings one w/roller..(ex rail box and ex souterndue to hazmats) and no repoting marks on them.. and tank cars.... and the NYC transfer caboose.. so yeah it is stil used and often

by transit383

The train crosses Harts Lane daily (M-F), Silverline is twice a week.
  by steve coraggio

carajul,
the old Raritan River RR tracks that go into the factory complex are still there but not used. if you are in Milltown on Main stareet look for the trestle behind the Hess gas station . The trestle has a mural painted on it, that trestle ran into the industrial complex off of Ford Ave. and Main Street. There were other tracks that ran for ther freight station across washington Avenue. If you go to the Freight station and look towards main street you will see the remains of old trackage. The book Rails up the Rariatan 1983 author the late Fred Diebert has some maps of the Rairlaod and where they went. The book has been out of print for a long time. The South Amboy Public Library had a copy of that book in 1998, but it can't be taken out of the library. I hope this info has helped you steve coraggio