• Railroadpictures from Germany. Deutsche Bahn and Privates.

• Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.
Discussion about railroad topics everywhere outside of Canada and the United States.

Moderators: Komachi, David Benton

by German Trainspotter

Hello!
This is my first Picturethreat from lokomotives in Germany.
In the USA freight trains have priority in traffic and passenger trains have to stop for a freight train. In Germany have the freight trains to stop, if a passenger train is faster as the freight train.

Germany is a wonderful country for Trainspotter. There are 36 000 km railway sytem and at the Deutsche Bahn AG work over 230 000 people.
About 300 private companys drive with their trains through Germany.

So. Now enough. Here are following about 30-50 pictures. Uploaded by imageshack.us. To upload all pictures, it takes about 4 or 5 days.

Here are the first pictures:

"Baureihe" (eng: Class?) 185 244-1 of Deutsche Bahn AG with a fright train in Bensheim on Main-Neckar-Bahn. (2007)

Class 411 (ICE-T) of DB AG by Hanau. (2007)

628 688-1 of DB AG near Leun. (2007)

111 195-4 of DB AG with a regional train in Niederrad station. (2007)

145 CL 004 of the private company Rail4Chem with a fright train in Darmstadt Central Station.

So. This were the first pictures. No I must go into my bed. Good Night!
:wink:
Last edited by German Trainspotter on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by David Benton

Hi Jan , Welcome to the worldwide forum , and thanks for the photos .
There is also a teen Railroad enthusiasts forum , where you may find people who would like to talk to you as well .
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewforu ... 8221baaf23

by German Trainspotter

Should I post the pictures there or what? Are you interested in pictures or not? When you are not interested in pictures, I can do something other than uploading pictures.

by David Benton

Better to put pictures here . and other things if you like . I just thopught you might be interested in talking to some teens from the USA .

by German Trainspotter

Ah!

I understand, what you mean.

Sorry, I thought, my pictures were to bad for adults, so I thought, you mean that my pictures are on the level of little children and on that score I have to post in the TeenForum. :-D

I hope you understand what I wrote in my bad English... :-D

So. In the other Threat, where I wrote my profile you said that you are interested in looking German steam. Here is one pic of the German "Baureihe" 23. It's 23 042 constructed in the 1940s for fast passenger trains.
This foto was taken in Darmstadt-Kranichstein.

To have a composition: This is an ICE1 (Baureihe 401) which runs 280km per hour. It was constructed in the 1980s and 1990s from Siemens and AEG.

Now I must go to bed. Good Bye!

by AFR

@german trainspotter:

Nice pictures, GermanTrainspotter! It´s good to know that someone else here is from a German-speaking country. Your pics are good, look at my pics to compare!
Btw: Where do you live in Germany (city)?

I think German word "Baureihe, Type" means "class" or "type", that may help you in the future. And "ET" (Elektrotriebwagen) means "EMU" (Electric Multiple Unit)

German:
Nette Bilder, GermanTrainspotter! Es ist gut zu wissen, dass es zweiter deutschsprachiger User in diesem Forum angemeldet ist. Deine Bilder sind nicht schlecht, schau mal meine an!
Übrigens: In welcher Stadt in Deutschland wohnst du?

Ich denke, das deutsche Wort "Baureihe, Type" bedeutet "class" oder "type", das hilft dir vielleicht. :wink:
Und ET (Elektrotriebwagen) bedeutet EMU (Electric Multiple Unit), was wörtlich soviel bedeutet wie "mehrteiliger elektrischer Triebwagen".

Link to my pics:
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46444

by German Trainspotter

Soll ich jetzt auf Deutsch oder auf Englisch reden? :D
Should I speak German or English?

Ich wohne in Bad Camberg, das liegt ca. 50km nördlich von Frankfurt(Main).

Du hast auch nette Bilder gemacht! Das erste Bild fasziniert mich. Da es hier anscheind doch jemanden interessiert, habe ich mich entschlossen 3 weitere Bilder einzustellen. Die stammen zwar alle von meiner Homepage aber ich glaube, das dürfte kein Problem sein.

Type 152 097 with a freight train in Oberlahnstein.

A signal at the railway Koblence-Wiesbaden.

182 025 of DB AG in Oberlahnstein.

by AFR

Soll ich jetzt auf Deutsch oder auf Englisch reden? :D
Should I speak German or English?
Ich wohne in Bad Camberg, das liegt ca. 50km nördlich von Frankfurt(Main).
Du hast auch nette Bilder gemacht! Das erste Bild fasziniert mich. Da es hier anscheind doch jemanden interessiert, habe ich mich entschlossen 3 weitere Bilder einzustellen. Die stammen zwar alle von meiner Homepage aber ich glaube, das dürfte kein Problem sein.
I think you better write here in English, but you can speak in German.
Ich glaube, hier solltest du eher englisch schreiben, aber reden kannst du auf Deutsch :wink:

I just have been posting "new" pictures of Vienna´s switching yard from May 2007 (see my link)
Ich habe gerade "neue" Bilder des Wiener Zentralverschiebebahnhofes vom Mai 2007 hineingestellt (siehe Link)

In Germany, arm signals still exist in today´s times? In Austria they have been replaced by light signals in the 70s and 80s.
In Deutschland gibt es noch Flügelsignale? In Österreich wurden die letzten Flügelsignale in den 70ern und 80ern durch Lichtsignale ersetzt.

again, nice pics!
wieder schöne Bilder!

what´s that "cutted" rail beside the used tracks? Is it a former 3rd track?
Was ist das für eine "abgeschnittene" Schiene neben den verwendeten Gleisen? Ist das ein ehem. drittes Gleis, oder ein ehem. Ausweichgleis?
Last edited by AFR on Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Komachi

In response to the question of which language to use here, I believe English is the "universal" language of the forums here.

Therefore, I would request that English be the language used on the Worldwide forum.

As to the pictures posted, thank you very much, German Trainspotter, for sharing these with us. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing more of your pictures in the future.

by Thomas I

AFR wrote:@german trainspotter:

Nice pictures, GermanTrainspotter! It´s good to know that someone else here is from a German-speaking country. Your pics are good, look at my pics to compare!

I think German word "Baureihe, Type" means "class" or "type", that may help you in the future. And "ET" (Elektrotriebwagen) means "EMU" (Electric Multiple Unit)

German:
Nette Bilder, GermanTrainspotter! Es ist gut zu wissen, dass es zweiter deutschsprachiger User in diesem Forum angemeldet ist. Deine Bilder sind nicht schlecht, schau mal meine an!

Ich denke, das deutsche Wort "Baureihe, Type" bedeutet "class" oder "type", das hilft dir vielleicht. :wink:
Und ET (Elektrotriebwagen) bedeutet EMU (Electric Multiple Unit), was wörtlich soviel bedeutet wie "mehrteiliger elektrischer Triebwagen".

Link to my pics:
Wieso zweiter deutschsprachiger User? :-D

(What do you mean with "a second German speaking user"? :wink: )

by AFR

Thomas I wrote:
AFR wrote:@german trainspotter:

German:

Link to my pics:
Wieso zweiter deutschsprachiger User? :-D

(What do you mean with "a second German speaking user"? :wink: )
I didn´t thought so many german-speaking people are users in this american railroad forum so I wrote "second"

Now I know there are many more German-speaking users in here.

But I must say German Trainspotter and I are the onlyones who post railway pics from Germany and Austria in here, aren´t we?

----

Ich dachte nicht, dass so viele deutschsprachige User in diesem Forum vorhanden sind, deshalb hab ich "zweiter" geschrieben.

Jetzt weiß ich, dass es weit mehr deutschsprachige User hier gibt.

Aber, ich glaube wir sind die einzigen, die Bahnbilder aus D und Ö hier reinstellen, oder?