• Railroading is dangerous, and I cant wait to be a Conductor

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by TankerGoinRail

Man, i read your guys CSX forum daily, from my current location in Baghdad Iraq daily, I have wanted to be a conductor since about middle school, but anyways, im on my 2nd tour over here, and i am a tanker with the Army, and a Sergeant (E-5) responsible for a tank and the lives of my crew and all of the soldiers around me.
Being a conductor as it seems will quench a few things for me,(been researching since middle school) and that is, always something new, a bit of danger, and some money. But has anyone here recently transitioned from the military to CSX, and what is the process like, I am really excited about coming into the railroad as a conductor hopefully in 2008 to enjoy less than year long trips away from home, seeing my family more than 2 weeks a year, and not getting blown up all the time, anybody got any pointers? PM me or post up, lookin for all the info i can get! Again thanks guys!

by pennsy

Hi Yank,

First off, get back home safe and sound. Remember to keep your head down and stay out of trouble. Take it from an ex-Flyboy, we have enough posthumous heroes.

Second, when you finally get home, take it easy for a while and get your head back on straight and start thinking like a civilian once again. Once you have your batteries recharged and all your relatives and friends have you settled down again, then follow your heart. And above all GOOD LUCK.

by CSX-COAL HAULER

MAN-THANKS FOR SERVING YOUR COUNTRY!!! Good luck on hiring out--you will have no problem getting hired. Let me know if you need any study guides-----timetables--rule books---they are good latrene reading material! Thanks again! :P :P :P :P