• Railroad through Medora, IL

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by theShrubber

Up until the mid 1970s, I had a grandmother who lived in Medora, IL, and we would visit sometimes. There was a freight rail line that passed thru town.

I am curious if the rail line is still there, still used, and what RR company uses/used it (then and/or now)?

Mapquest does not show the line. On Microsoft's TerraServer site, you can see where the line was, but it is not clear if it is still in place/active.

Thanks.
- Roger

by MikeF

The line through Medora, Ill., was the Chicago Burlington & Quincy, later Burlington Northern. The route doesn't seem to be shown on the current BNSF system map, so I would guess it has been abandoned.