• Railroad sites in Rhode Island

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

by JacobBruce

I am heading to South Kingstown, RI this weekend and was wondering some good stops to see action. I know the acela goes through RI but I am wondering about frieght. I know Providence has alot but I was wondering south of there. Any suggestions.

by shadyjay

Not sure about freight activity south of Providence/Davisville, but you'll find plenty of Amtrak action at the restored Kingston station, Acelas and regular Regional trains with conventional equipment. If you want more concrete (guarenteed) freight activity, you have better chances of heading over to New London CT to the New England Central. Not sure if P&W locals which serve Kingston run on weekends, same goes for NR-1 from Plainfield to OSB. I would guess not, leaving your only choice of freight activity south of PVD being in New London.

-Jay H.
  by pw3901

JacobBruce wrote:I am heading to South Kingstown, RI this weekend and was wondering some good stops to see action. I know the acela goes through RI but I am wondering about frieght. I know Providence has alot but I was wondering south of there. Any suggestions.
Jacob, Join The P&W Discussion Group On Providence & Worcester RR *YahooGroups* http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProvidenceandWorcesterRR/