• Railfanning Freight in Tinley Park, IL on the Rock Island

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by NDW5332

Hi All:

I was wondering, what is the frequency of IAIS or CSX trains on Metra's Rock Island District? What time would any pass through Tinley Park - either Oak Park Ave. or 80th Ave stations? Any during daylight hours? Thanks in advance for your help!

stan
  by CHTT1

The eastbound IAIS freight leaves Joliet at the end of the morning rush hour, while the westbound freight leaves Blue Island just ahead on the afternoon rush, I believe. The CSX freights pass in the middle of the night. Up until about 2 years ago, I worked in Tinley Park and this was the pattern.