• Rail World Lease Units

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by Sprinter611

Looks like the first one is on the way, I saw a pic of 301 going NB on the D&H yesterday
  by GP40MC1118

Have a link to this photo...

The trace still shows SLC 301 on the CPR in Montreal...

D
  by GP40MC1118

Did find a photo on Facebook of it on CP 253 in Sidney, NY.

D
  by Adams_Umass_Boston

That 301, assuming its the same 301, had quite a history at Amtrak.

ImageAmtrak 301 (F40PH) Wreck by Gary Lee Todd, Ph.D., on Flickr

"Amtrak F40PH 246 and 301 were leading train #6 when they encountered a landslide near Elkdale, CO on 12/4/1985. Loaded onto flatcars, the units were returned to EMD, where 301 was repaired, and 246 must have been laughed at by the boys in the rebuild department. I was told that there were no injuries and that 246 was the trailing unit and took most of the hit! Shot in Denver, CO on 4/15/86 by John Eagan." via https://www.flickr.com/photos/31385681@N02/7619580424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by GP40MC1118

These are the 7 Railword/SLC units coming to the MBTA:
SLC: 274, 293, 301, 302, 310, 330 & 418

The last two are showing in Albany, NY.

D
  by jmar896

Holy crap! 7 units is a lot. At least there leaseing recently rebuilt units, I believe 301 was rebuilt within the last 5 years. I think all of those units where rebuilt within the last 12 years.
  by DutchRailnut

http://members.trainorders.com/geoff_s/ ... x.html#F40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by dbperry

From yahoogroup "CSXTSightings:"
Two ex AMT F40's, 330 and 418, came into CP's Kenwood Yard in Albany on Saturday 3-21. They were still there on the evening of 3-22 but I have not seen them since.
  by jmar896

Where do you think they'll be exchanged with the MBTA? I can swing by the Worcester CSX and P&W yards today and check if they are there. If they left Albany on 3-23 then they should be around here by now.

I wonder why there is no press release on this yet
  by F-line to Dudley via Park

jmar896 wrote:I wonder why there is no press release on this yet
'Cause if the HSP-46 acceptances keep picking up at the rate they have the last couple weeks they may not need these things in revenue service at all. They'll just be standby units in case something big and bad happens like another round of warranty mods for the HSP's. I would imagine at the price they're renting, it's still a good enough deal even if they are just peace-of-mind standbys. And Keolis is probably paying for a lot of it out-of-pocket because they really really want to stop getting docked at maximum non-performance fines every single month, so actual MBTA expense for them sitting around the yard is probably very minimal and Keolis probably saves more money in monthly fines than it spends on leasing them. Win-win of the most bizarre and crisis-scarred kind.
  by ACeInTheHole

As we sit now.. There is only six HSPs left in Altoona. Down from 20 something. The Railworks units do have a chance though if one of the MCs that the HSPs cant kill decides its had it or if #010 blows another turbo.
  by MACTRAXX

Everyone:

One of those Railworks leasers - specifically the 418 - was renumbered at some point because the highest
numbered F40s that Amtrak had were the six former GO Transit units numbered 410 to 415...
Does anyone know what this unit was re-numbered from?

MACTRAXX
  by chrisf

MACTRAXX wrote:Everyone:

One of those Railworks leasers - specifically the 418 - was renumbered at some point because the highest
numbered F40s that Amtrak had were the six former GO Transit units numbered 410 to 415...
Does anyone know what this unit was re-numbered from?

MACTRAXX
Apparently the 418 was once Amtrak 318. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/locopi ... ?id=156577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;