• "Station Agent"

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Tom Curtin

Having missed this movie when it was making the rounds last fall, I recently had a rather delayed viewing of it at a "second run" house. I presume it has been discussed on this forum at soem time in the past.

At any rate, all the railroad locations are very easy to pinpoint, be they NJT, Morristown & Erie, or Susquehanna --- but here's another question: the hobby shop that appears early in the movie --- where is that? For some reason I suspect the experior shots and interior shots are not of the same place. The interior shots are very authnetic and quite clearly a real shop someplace.

by njt4172

Tom,

The hobby shop used in the film is located on Main Street in Rockaway Borough.... It is called "Rails to Cottages" and sells mainly O and HO model trains...

Steve

by Jihn z

Well Tom your 90% correct, the inside seen was shot inside Rails to Cottages, and the exteroir was shot next door to the shop (now a skate store, was empty then) so you can kinda say that it is the same place, beacuse the buildings are connected. I was on location for all the shooting in Rockaway NJ, so I have some pretty good insite to someof the movie.

by Idiot Railfan

"The Station Agent" will be released on DVD on June 15

by njt4172

And it will have deleted scenes and extra commentary from the director/actors. Looks for other hidden railroad surprises too!

Steve

by nick11a

Man, I can't wait to see this film.