• "New" Numbers for the ALCo's on the NYSW

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

by rcbsd45

New numbering coming to the Alco's on the NYSW. This is from a reliable source and was posted elsewhere...

78= NYSW 6360
77="""""""" 6362
47="""""""" 6368
45=""""""""6366
41=""""""""6364
Bdlx 1355 = NYSW 1355

For those with memories, the 6366 was last used in the mid 80's
on a former BN SD45, nee 6489. It was slated to become the NYSW 3616
but never did, and in fact stayed in BN colors all the way through
until its sale to the Montana Rail Link several years ago. As for the
other numbers in this series, the NYSW 6360 was originally BN 6475;
6362 was originally BN 6480; NYSW 6364 was BN 6486. There never was a 6368 back then

by ANDY117

are they being repainted also?

by Alcoman

Don't forget # 43 which will be delivered to the NYSW in the next week.
Don't know what new number this Alco will get.

by ANDY117

Spotted one numbered 6370 last night outside the engine house in Binghamton. Any idea what it's old number was?

by trainfreak

Haha the NYSW repainting its junk locomotives? Thats funny to think about. The 3010 and 3014 have been here a long while and still no paint on them....the 3014 was even in the shop for a few months but no new paint.

by Lackawanna484

I believe new 6366 was re-numbered prior to last weekend. Still in its ratty paint scheme, though.

77 and 78 were in their old numbers

by Ale Rider

What trains are the Cartiers working now? I haven't seen them reported in New Jersey for a while. Are all six in service?

See these big Alco's working might get me back trackside for the first time a few years...

Thanks!