• Questions about HO scale Mantua GP-20

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by tomcorker

Hi,
I have a HO Mantua GP-20 Western Pacific Diesel engine and when I try to run it the back bogie wheels do not turn but the fron wheels are working fine and the motor is working. I have opened the engine up and fond the the driving pin conncting the flywheel and the bogie has fallen out. I cannot get it back in because the bogie will not go back far enough. Does anyone have an idea how to get it back in?

by trainiac

Can the motor be lifted out of the chassis a bit? If it can be done, it should work.

by tomcorker

Hi,
The motor doesn't seem to want to lift out. Its stuck down i think

Thanks

by ANDY117

I'm honestly considering dummy-ifying ours. it's a crappy runner, and is going to be repainted and redetailed.

by tomcorker

Hi,
Mine used to run brilliantly comapred to my other british stock - until it stopped working

Tom