• Question about paintjobs

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by cody810

How long into the 90s did the B&M blue paint scheme last until they were repainted into guilford paint.
  by shadyjay

Though I don't have the exact year, I remember seeing in TRAINS magazine, I want to say in the early 90s, of the last unit in the B&M bluebird scheme was the GP40s in the 300-series, the last new locomotives bought by the pre-Guilford (not that it matters since Guilford has never bought new engines) B&M. When the last of those locos was returned to leaser after 15-yrs, the bluebird era ended.
  by MEC407

I believe the B&M GP40-2s were returned to the lessor in '91 or '92...? The majority had been repainted into Guilford colors by that time. I bet our roster master, Bill Gingrich, would have more details.
  by MEC407

Additionally, you might encounter some photographs from the early '90s of units that appear to be B&M blue, but most of these were actually the ex-Conrail GP40s, before they were repainted.
  by guilfordrailfan

The B&M GP40-2's left Guilford property in February 1994 and went to Helm (HATX). At that time 316 was only one on the railroad remaining in the original B&M blue. After they left at least one other GP40-2 was pressure washed and most of the Guilford paint fell off, making it appear B&M blue. Eventually 13 of the 18 were resold. 8 are on CP, 3 are on Ontario Northland, and 2 are close to home on VTR.