• Q122 on the B&A?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by NE4449

Forgive me if this was discussed before, but does anyone here have information regarding the new train on the Boston Line named Q122? It seems to me it now occupies the time slot of Q116.

Josh
  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Q122? I thought I read that on CSX Sightings on yahoo, but I thought it was a typo. Maybe CSX has some more info...
  by CSX Conductor

Sorry, first I've heard of it. I do know that the company has wanted to get rid of Q116 for quite a while though. Perhaps RailMan can add to this.
  by roadster

Q122 seems to have replaced Q116. In the past 6 months, Q150 replaced Q116's route from Columbus, Oh. with the restucturing of the container trains at that time, and Q116 originated in Syracuse. Now, Q122 runs all the way to Boston again on Q116's old time frame and new train Q123 originates in Syracuse and heads West. CSX is trying ti find a formula for origins, times, and destinations that work better at the current traffic levels. Time will tell if this works good enough or if more changes may be made in the months to come.