Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by warwgn3

Well, My family is taking advantage of a 50% sale, and taking the train from Ottawa to Vancouver, and I thought about doing some bar hopping, or going on a pub crawl with my dad, while on the Canadian.

depending on how many cars are going to be on the train, how many would have a lounge/bar section? So far I know of the Bullet lounge, Murale Lounge in the Park car, at least one lounge in the skyline car... am I missing any?

also, we'll be on the canadian between March 19-24th. is anyone else from the forum going to be on the the same train?
  by Ken V

warwgn3 wrote:So far I know of the Bullet lounge, Murale Lounge in the Park car, at least one lounge in the skyline car... am I missing any?
That's about it unless you want to count the domes in each car too. The Mural Lounge and Bullet Lounge are practically side by side so it's not much of a crawl.
  by 3rdrail

Shots of Canadian Whisky in each car, the number depending on the first number of it's road number ? Last person to give up, pass out, puke, be shut off, gets arrested or ejected from the train wins ! Let me advise not to admit a couple of 5-0, 100 lb. Irish damsels (from Ireland) into the contest, should money be involved. They'll be standing over you laughing while you're on the ground trying desperately to keep the train from doing flip-flops ! (So I've (ahem) heard.)
  by warwgn3

3rdrail wrote:Shots of Canadian Whisky in each car, the number depending on the first number of it's road number ? Last person to give up, pass out, puke, be shut off, gets arrested or ejected from the train wins ! Let me advise not to admit a couple of 5-0, 100 lb. Irish damsels (from Ireland) into the contest, should money be involved. They'll be standing over you laughing while you're on the ground trying desperately to keep the train from doing flip-flops ! (So I've (ahem) heard.)
LMAO!! So my Dad and I aren't the first people to do this??? I just hope I don't end up like Gene Wilder. "Son of a B****"
  by Ken V

3rdrail wrote:Shots of Canadian Whisky in each car, the number depending on the first number of it's road number ?
Paul, since the road number for each Budd car on the Canadian starts with the digit 8 this could become (hic) serious.
  by 3rdrail

Not to those Irish girls, Ken. (one of whom might just be a nurse named Cathy!) hahaha!!!

Just don't be like this guy, warwagon: (I love the second to last paragraph ! hahaha!!!)
http://worldfailure.com/personal/18-cri ... g-on-track