• Proposed Intermodal Facility Near North Baltimore

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Northwest727

Bids for the project go out in August, 2008. The company my dad works for is one of the companies that is doing the bidding...they will be pouring concrete for various footings, buildings, facilities, etc.

This isn't the first time my dad has worked at a rail yard, the company he used to work for built the refueling facility for CSX in Collinwood.
  by MSchwiebert

I was wondering when the 'heavy work' was going to get started. Other than a small woodlot being cleared, some soil core samples being taken and a lot of survey stakes out and about, not much evidence of the Railroad's work so far. The now former owners of the homes & structures in the affected area have been quite busy taking what they can before they are demolished to make way for the project - gives kind of an errie quality to the stretch of State Route 18 between North Baltimore and Hoytville.