• Source Code

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by Tom6921

Today at a local movie theatre, I saw a trailer for the movie "Source Code" that involves a commuter train in Chicago being bombed by a terrorist and the hero is sent back as one of the passengers to try to prevent the bombing by finding the bomber.

It is clearly a METRA train, though it was decked out as a fictional commuter railroad. (Can't say I blame METRA for that). The movie hits theatres on April 1. (No, this is no April Fools joke!)

I just hope that the bomber isn't seen taking pictures prior to the attack.
  by atsf sp

It also looks like they film it on CDTX cars because of the blue and yellow stripes. But the rest is Metra.
  by Tom6921

I saw the movie yesterday. It was okay.

The fake commuter RR is the "Chicago Commuter Rail". Though the loco clearly is a METRA unit. I can say the bomber did not take pictures so that's one less argument anti-railfan photography people can use.

The attack/wreck of the commuter train was neat, but I feel it could have been extended a little bit.