• Locking of CNY RR leasing Tier thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nydepot

It's interesting that a few of the past posters have said Otto doesn't have to change anything as he is the moderator and "owner" of the site. They are his rules and he can do whatever.

Quotes like: "If you were a guest in my house you would not be telling me how to run my house either."

and

"I'm certain this site and its staff will not change their ways based on grievances from a few members verses the vast majority who have a full scope on the matters."

Has anyone read Otto's post from a few messages ago where he said he gladly welcomes ANY feedback and performance critiques so long as they are constructive? Sounds like Otto is very willing to listen to people even INDIVIDUALS and not vast majorities.

While I agree this is not a bad place to post and read RR news, why would anyone think that just because new people are joining that is must be ok and without any problems? Many (thousands, millions) people do things every day that turn out to be the wrong thing. A good example would be smoking. I don't care if someone smokes but with all the information available to someone and it really isn't a good thing to do, new people join the ranks of smokers every day.

I think the topic was legitimate and Otto listened to people's complaints and comments. He made a few changes, like re-titling some threads that were in error, and learned a few things, like remembering he could pull threads apart himself.

That's what people wanted to be heard about and reasonable comments were listened to. For all the spouting of rules, one of the posted rules is not: "I'm the boss, so s**ew you!"

Charles

by J.D. White

It's interesting that a few of the past posters have said Otto doesn't have to change anything as he is the moderator and "owner" of the site. They are his rules and he can do whatever.

Quotes like: "If you were a guest in my house you would not be telling me how to run my house either."

and

"I'm certain this site and its staff will not change their ways based on grievances from a few members verses the vast majority who have a full scope on the matters."
Oh how nice ... someone putting words in my mouth.

I did type, "I'm certain this site and its staff will not change their ways based on grievances from a few members verses the vast majority who have a full scope on the matters." But somehow by saying this, I think Otto is owner and can do whatever he wants. lol. This is one in particular that makes a site most unpleasant, and not the fact that a thread has been locked by a moderator.

by Otto Vondrak

Hey now... let's not start turning on each other here. Let's agree to disagree and get back to talking about trains...

-otto-

by nessman

Otto Vondrak wrote:Hey now... let's not start turning on each other here. Let's agree to disagree and get back to talking about trains..
Kinda hard to talk about trains when forums keep getting locked.

by charlie6017

This is all starting to get old................

by SimTrains

charlie6017 wrote:This is all starting to get old................

Tell me about it!! I have not chimed in here because I really don't care. Now, I don't always agree with Otto, but You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have it - These are the facts of life! :wink:

Let's move on folks!

by Pj

I vote for a lock... I think the thread has run its course..

by scottychaos

oh the irony! :P
lets lock the thread that is all about why threads shouldnt be locked? :wink:

by Otto Vondrak

Nessman's right... we all have to take that chance and continue talking about trains until the next time I decide to lock down a thread!

uh-oh... like this one!! I just can't help myself!

-otto-