• Location of the 3247

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by claytor

You won't see it come South because it's not Cab Signal equipped.
Needs Traction Motor work also...

by ST214

And i hear the cab signals and ACSES was left off on purpose......

by GP40MC1118

Well now there's a rumor that the 904 will also be retired once the 3247 comes on line. Even after all that work last year, the 904 is a basket case.
Maybe its wishful thinking the 904 being put out to pasture!

Dave

by CRail

it can still run on the south side, the rules are just a little different.

by CSX Conductor

CRail wrote:it can still run on the south side, the rules are just a little different.
Amtrak's A.C.S.E.S. rules are more strict. A locomotive cannot operate in A.C.S.E.S. territory without being A.C.S.E.S. equipped. Therefore, if the 3247 doesn't have A.C.S.E.S. equipment installed, it cannot run on the main-line between COVE & Providence for rescuing Providence or Stoughton trains.

by CRail

oh ok well then, looks like its time for CRail to zip it :wink:

what is ACSES?

And to get back on topic, It she still in the BET?

by CSX Conductor

It stands for [/i]Advanced Civilian Speed Enforcement System.

It is basically a more modern version of cab signals & LSL (Locomotive Speed Limiter).

A.C.S.E.S. is in service between Boston & Mill River (just east of New Haven, CT.)
[/b]

by Stephen

Dave,
If 904 is retired, the T will be down to 2 MOW locomotives (902 & 3247). I thought the goal was 3 (North Side, South Side, & Readville).
Do you know what the longer term plan is?
Thanks,
Stephen
  by GP40MC1118

I don't know the long term plan. Maybe another unit is in the works. They should have bought LLPX 2032, which was well regarded. The money spent leasing it should've gone towards it purchase. Oh well.

You'll probably see the 1100's in Work Train service first though. The 1123 has been roosting on the Northside Work Train for nearly two weeks now.

Dave

by ST214

1123 was on the worktrain during the summer too when the 904 and 1921 were both down.

Send the GP40MC's over there for worktrain service. They can have 902 and a pair. We will keep the 3247 thank you :wink:

by CSX Conductor

Stephen wrote:Dave,
If 904 is retired, the T will be down to 2 MOW locomotives (902 & 3247). I thought the goal was 3 (North Side, South Side, & Readville).
Do you know what the longer term plan is?
Thanks,
Stephen
South Side & Readville? I would think that they only need one because Readville is the South Side, lol
  by GP40MC1118

Ideally its three...one for each side and a spare. The spare also doubles as a BET switcher and extra potential rescue unit.

Myself, I would roster four units...two for each side. But that's just me...

d

by CRail

I would alwayse use the buddy back up system, i agfree with gp40mc 1118 100%.