• New Meadowlands Rail Station

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Kaback9

jimzim66 wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote: Nowadays, it is usually changed back quickly. I never said that there aren't more reliable sources.
Is Wikipedia an interesting source of information? Yes. Would I use it for research? Absolutely not.
Exactly why most college professors will laugh and rip up your paper if you use it as a factual source. I watched a few times this year as some kid who did not pay attention or did not clearly read the guidelines had their paper ripped up.
  by Patrick Boylan

That must have been a really dumb kid. Are you saying they didn't even pay attention the first time they got their paper torn up?
  by sixty-six

gardendance wrote:That must have been a really dumb kid. Are you saying they didn't even pay attention the first time they got their paper torn up?
Thats a real nice thing to say for someone who's always concerned how they're talked to on the forums. No one said the kid was dumb, maybe he was just lazy. Lazy != dumb.
  by Kaback9

jimzim66 wrote:
gardendance wrote:That must have been a really dumb kid. Are you saying they didn't even pay attention the first time they got their paper torn up?
Thats a real nice thing to say for someone who's always concerned how they're talked to on the forums. No one said the kid was dumb, maybe he was just lazy. Lazy != dumb.
Exactly, its laziness not stupidity, why bother to look up sources when wikipedia has them right there for you is the mentality alot of students seem to take.
  by Terrapin Station

Kaback9 wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Exactly, its laziness not stupidity, why bother to look up sources when wikipedia has them right there for you is the mentality alot of students seem to take.
gardendance was talking about the fact that the kid didn't learn his lesson the first time he or someone else had their paper ripped up for using wikipedia. That's why he said he was stupid. He was not talking about the laziness in using wikipedia.
  by morris&essex4ever

Wow, I've started a nice discussion about the use of wikipedia in this thread :-)
  by Roadgeek Adam

morris&essex4ever wrote:Wow, I've started a nice discussion about the use of wikipedia in this thread :-)
Yeah well, let's been on topic now :P

Where specifically on the Meadowlands property is the new station, since if anyone has been reading my counter on my sig, its one of the eight left.
  by morris&essex4ever

Roadgeek Adam wrote:
morris&essex4ever wrote:Wow, I've started a nice discussion about the use of wikipedia in this thread :-)

Where specifically on the Meadowlands property is the new station, since if anyone has been reading my counter on my sig, its one of the eight left.
You should go there when there is a sporting event such as a Giants/Jets game. I believe it's right next to Meadowlands Stadium.
Last edited by morris&essex4ever on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Terrapin Station

Roadgeek Adam wrote:

Train to Game

2010 Parking Guide (PDF)
Last edited by Terrapin Station on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by Roadgeek Adam

morris&essex4ever wrote:
Roadgeek Adam wrote:
Yeah well, let's been on topic now

You should go there when there is a sporting event such as a Giants/Jets game. I believe it's right next to Meadowlands Stadium.
Unfortunately, the line "I am a Patriots fan" would get me chased away with pitchforks and torches and be banned :P

Thanks for the links nonetheless, its been 4 or 5 years since I've been to the Meadowlands, so its hard to make my way around there. :)
  by Terrapin Station

morris&essex4ever wrote:
Roadgeek Adam wrote:

Better go when there is nothing going on. Then you can get a good look at the station without having to follow orders. Of course then you can't ride the train there.
  by Roadgeek Adam

Terrapin Station wrote: Better go when there is nothing going on. Then you can get a good look at the station without having to follow orders. Of course then you can't ride the train there.
I usually go by car to almost every station on NJ Transit, and really the train to the game doesn't interest me. Unless of course, NJ Transit starts producing Tobyhanna Station to the Raceway service :)
  by morris&essex4ever

Roadgeek Adam wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote: Better go when there is nothing going on. Then you can get a good look at the station without having to follow orders. Of course then you can't ride the train there.
I usually go by car to almost every station on NJ Transit, and really the train to the game doesn't interest me. Unless of course, NJ Transit starts producing Tobyhanna Station to the Raceway service :)
Adam, I'm surprised you haven't been to Hackettstown yet, but you've been to all of the other stations on the M&E and Monty-Boonty. :P

And directions may help you.
  by korbermeister

Roadgeek Adam wrote:

It's in front of the entrance to the new giants stadium, across the street from the former devils/nets arena (and Xanadu, which will now be called 'Christieville').
  by sixty-six

Terrapin Station wrote:
gardendance was talking about the fact that the kid didn't learn his lesson the first time he or someone else had their paper ripped up for using wikipedia. That's why he said he was stupid. He was not talking about the laziness in using wikipedia.[/quote]

Thanks for being the spokesperson for gardendance!