• New Meadowlands Rail Station

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by morris&essex4ever

jimzim66 wrote:
nyrmetros wrote:I imagine the train was be used for the USA vs Brazil game on Aug 10 ??
Nope, sorry. I imagine the shuttle bus will operate from Secaucus to the Meadowlands, however.
If 50,000+ are expected to attend the game, then train service will operate from Secaucus/Hoboken.
  by Terrapin Station

morris&essex4ever wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
nyrmetros wrote:I imagine the train was be used for the USA vs Brazil game on Aug 10 ??
Nope, sorry. I imagine the shuttle bus will operate from Secaucus to the Meadowlands, however.
If 50,000+ are expected to attend the game, then train service will operate from Secaucus/Hoboken.
So that means 50,000+ aren't expected because train service isn't operating as of now, as was said.
  by sixty-six

morris&essex4ever wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
That's a big 10-no there buddy. I've seen the schedule, and this event isn't on it. It could get added later but right now, no train service. Thanks for playing.
  by cruiser939

As of now, there is no rail service for this scheduled event. That being said, NJT is talking with the NJSEA and it is likely that rail service will be provided.
  by Terrapin Station

cruiser939 wrote:
As of now, there is no rail service for this scheduled event. That being said, NJT is talking with the NJSEA and it is likely that rail service will be provided.
As I'm sure you've already known for a long time now, it's now official and confirmed: Rail Service to New Meadowlands Stadium
  by Hawaiitiki

Terrapin Station wrote:
cruiser939 wrote:
As I'm sure you've already known for a long time now, it's now official and confirmed: Rail Service to New Meadowlands Stadium
Aww no Hambo service, I woulda enjoyed having good ole "not having to worry about driving home" fun.
  by nyrmetros

25, 000 tickets sold already.......
  by Patrick Boylan

Does anybody care to speculate, or does anybody know or think they know, what causes NJT to provide or withhold Meadowlands train service?
  by Terrapin Station

gardendance wrote:Does anybody care to speculate, or does anybody know or think they know, what causes NJT to provide or withhold Meadowlands train service?
Yes, in general, but not as an absolute rule: If 50,000+ are expected to attend the game, then train service will operate from Secaucus/Hoboken.
  by bikentransit

So this hasn't been established as a regular service for all events?
  by sixty-six

Terrapin Station wrote:
gardendance wrote:Does anybody care to speculate, or does anybody know or think they know, what causes NJT to provide or withhold Meadowlands train service?
Yes, in general, but not as an absolute rule: If 50,000+ are expected to attend the game, then train service will operate from Secaucus/Hoboken.
So something posted by someone on railroad.net is, according to you, a 'general rule'?
  by Terrapin Station

jimzim66 wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
So something posted by someone on railroad.net is, according to you, a 'general rule'?
No, not exactly. Feel free to contact me privately if you have any concerns. Thank you.
  by sixty-six

Terrapin Station wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
No, not exactly. Feel free to contact me privately if you have any concerns. Thank you.
Nothing that cant be said publicly, just dont want others relying on information someone with no connection to NJT posts.
  by Terrapin Station

jimzim66 wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
jimzim66 wrote:
Nothing that cant be said publicly, just dont want others relying on information someone with no connection to NJT posts.
I apologize. I shouldn't have quoted the earlier post, because you're right, who can you trust? So I will provide this link and quote as a replacement:
Train service will operate frequently, approximately every 10-20 minutes between Frank R. Lautenberg Station at Secaucus Junction and Meadowlands Station, both before and after major events expected to draw 50,000 or more spectators.
GOVERNOR CORZINE LAUNCHES RAIL SERVICE TO THE MEADOWLANDS
  by morris&essex4ever

bikentransit wrote:So this hasn't been established as a regular service for all events?
As this page tells you, it happens for major events only.