• maps/track charts

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by conductorbob

Hello everyone. When I qualifed conductor on the former New Haven, alot of the engineers and firemen I worked with had maps of the railroad that showed all the signals, sidings, stations, etc. They were a great help in qualifing. They were xerox copies of the originals. I was wondering if any of the former employees of the New Haven who were in train and engine service would know if they had those types of maps for the Maybrook from Devon to Maybrook , the Berkshire and Waterbury divivsions? The maps that I have were from GCT/Penn to Boston and to Springfield,Ma. If they were done, how would one go about getting a copy of them. Thanks,Bob
  by CVRA7

Bob, I think the track charts that you are talking about may have been done by Fred Condon, a Springfield line conductor. Somewhere I have one but it's one that you would have, Springfield - New Haven. I don'r remember him talking about any others that he would have done.
There were other diagrams of lesser quality around - hopefully I can find them. Think I have one from the Canal Line, nothing like the quality of Fred's.
  by conductorbob

CVRA7, Thanks for the reply and thanks for looking for them. I worked along alot of those lines and for old times I would like to have a whole set if they are out there. Again thanks,Bob