• First NS Through Coal Train on WNYP Tuesday AM

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by videobruce

206 detoured off the NS to the Water Level Route at Draw east to Rotterdam Jct last night.
Went east as a Z928 or something like that. It was a van/stack train.

Dansville is west of Hornell isn't it?
That derailment wouldn't affect those 'tier' trains right?

by thebigham

From NSTier list at Yahoo groups:

Just in case you might want to chase one over the old Mahoning Division in
daylight, an NS empty hopper train is about to depart Gang Mills heading
west. It will go through CP Cass and head up the old Erie main towards
Wellsville, Jamestown and Meadville on its way back to Shire Oaks Yard in
PA.
It has an interesting lashup with some high nosed EMD units leading an NS
SD70 and a "Horsehead" C40-9W.

Jim Kosty
Corning NY

by joshuahouse

Does anyone know if theres to be a full train coming east tommrow over the tier extention?

by EL3625

Has anyone seen this westbound empty coal train yet? I was waiting in Cambridge Springs last night at my friends house for a bit , but nothing. I later found out that the east bound came through a little after midnight. I would like to see it if it's not to late tonight. Does anyone know what time it my get, or expected to get to Meadville?

by videobruce

Anything other than these coal trains yet?

by Aa3rt

I'm a little late with this post but, last Saturday (March 20th) I was back in northwest PA visiting my folks and the old man dragged us to his favorite Chinese (YUCK!!! :( ) restaurant in Jamestown. This is in Brooklyn Square and has a view of the WNY&P tracks. While eating we were treated to a westbound empty coal train headed by two ex-Conrail engines (they were leased units but markings too small to make out at a distance-HGLX maybe?) and mainly Somerset Railroad hoppers along with a few NS, CSXT and Conrail cars. This was about 5:30PM.

The hostess watched the train with us and remarked that in over two years of working at the restaurant this was the first time she'd ever seen a train on the line.
Last edited by Aa3rt on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.