Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

by OportRailfan

I know this is old news, but just wondering on people's opinion of the WTC weekend closures from Summer 2009-2011

http://www.nj.com/hobokennow/index.ssf/ ... t_wtc.html
  by devb3

I'm sure nobody is happy with it. I still haven't heard any details about the rest of the weekend service, such as whether or not JSQ-33 trains will bypass Hoboken during the closures. If not, I'm moving to Brooklyn.
  by fredct

devb3 wrote:I'm sure nobody is happy with it. I still haven't heard any details about the rest of the weekend service, such as whether or not JSQ-33 trains will bypass Hoboken during the closures. If not, I'm moving to Brooklyn.
If JSQ-33 trains bypass Hoboken, there will be no Hoboken service on weekends. Why would they do that and why would you want it?
  by hockeyman

Change at Christopher Street for the Hoboken Train!
  by devb3

fredct wrote:
devb3 wrote:I'm sure nobody is happy with it. I still haven't heard any details about the rest of the weekend service, such as whether or not JSQ-33 trains will bypass Hoboken during the closures. If not, I'm moving to Brooklyn.
If JSQ-33 trains bypass Hoboken, there will be no Hoboken service on weekends. Why would they do that and why would you want it?
Of course I wouldn't want that. I meant that I hope there will be a direct JSQ-33 train in addition to a HOB-33 train like it used to be during weekend daytimes.
  by fredct

devb3 wrote: If JSQ-33 trains bypass Hoboken, there will be no Hoboken service on weekends. Why would they do that and why would you want it?
Of course I wouldn't want that. I meant that I hope there will be a direct JSQ-33 train in addition to a HOB-33 train like it used to be during weekend daytimes.[/quote]

Ah, so, run 'yellow' *in addition to* yellow-blue on the weekends. More service is always good, but something makes me think they'd have a hard time justifying running an additional line to skip just one stop for riders. But hey, it'd be nice.