Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#610180  by devb3

I'm sure nobody is happy with it. I still haven't heard any details about the rest of the weekend service, such as whether or not JSQ-33 trains will bypass Hoboken during the closures. If not, I'm moving to Brooklyn.
 #610208  by fredct

devb3 wrote:I'm sure nobody is happy with it. I still haven't heard any details about the rest of the weekend service, such as whether or not JSQ-33 trains will bypass Hoboken during the closures. If not, I'm moving to Brooklyn.
If JSQ-33 trains bypass Hoboken, there will be no Hoboken service on weekends. Why would they do that and why would you want it?
 #610296  by hockeyman

Change at Christopher Street for the Hoboken Train!
 #610557  by devb3

fredct wrote:
devb3 wrote:I'm sure nobody is happy with it. I still haven't heard any details about the rest of the weekend service, such as whether or not JSQ-33 trains will bypass Hoboken during the closures. If not, I'm moving to Brooklyn.
If JSQ-33 trains bypass Hoboken, there will be no Hoboken service on weekends. Why would they do that and why would you want it?
Of course I wouldn't want that. I meant that I hope there will be a direct JSQ-33 train in addition to a HOB-33 train like it used to be during weekend daytimes.
 #610657  by fredct

devb3 wrote: If JSQ-33 trains bypass Hoboken, there will be no Hoboken service on weekends. Why would they do that and why would you want it?
Of course I wouldn't want that. I meant that I hope there will be a direct JSQ-33 train in addition to a HOB-33 train like it used to be during weekend daytimes.[/quote]

Ah, so, run 'yellow' *in addition to* yellow-blue on the weekends. More service is always good, but something makes me think they'd have a hard time justifying running an additional line to skip just one stop for riders. But hey, it'd be nice.