• Favorite CSX Livery

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by floridasun1983

Spartan Phalanx wrote:How about anything that said "Seaboard System" or "Seaboard Coast Line"?????
I'll second that motion.
  by atsf sp

My favorite has to be the YN2 scheme on the AC4400CWs and AC6000CWs. It reminds me of the Seaboard System. Plus it makes the engines look good. The YN3 is too dark. But I think they should honor Chessie more without the B&O dark Blue.
  by Allegheny

Actually, I like pictures of the transitional period after CSX came to be with mixed lashups of old Chessie, Seaboard, B&O units. They all have a charm all their own. I must say that I like the Seaboard System paint scheme the best out of that bunch. Now, for current CSX schemes I have always liked the YN2, but the new YN3 is growing on me. Some of the modifications to the original stealth scheme were interesting as well when they painted the nose and end of the long hood yellow, prior to YN2. I actually did this to my HO SD-60 because the stealth scheme was too blah for me. I don't know if CSX actually painted any of their original SD-60's this way, because I don't think they had that many to begin with. I believe they picked up more with the Conrail merger. On my HO layout I actually have several YN2's, Chessie, Seaboard and the modified stealth scheme mentioned above. Solid consists bore me!

Allegheny