• Getting started in N, modeling Tri-Rail and FEC

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by seminole

Hey guys, I am just getting started with train modelling. I decided to do N-Scale, and focus on Florida. I want to do Tri-Rail and FEC. I want to start with Tri-Rail but I see that the locomotives are not sold. I know which locos to buy but how can I customize it? Where can I buy Tri-Rail locomotives? Any help for helping me start is welcomed...

by SRS125

Athern might make the locos that you are looking for in N Scale they make the cars for Tri-Rail they may have made the locos months befor they made the cars. Try E-Bay if you can's find the cars or locomotives try Pacific Western Rail Systems in British Columbia they seem to have just about everything.

Atlas made GP40's in Florida East Coast a few years back in 2 road numbers they also make a couple Evens Double Plug Door Boxcars. Athern also released there Simco Boxcars in FEC in 2 road numbers just last month as well.

Life-Like also makes SW-9/1200's and E8's in Florida East Coast in 2 road numbers each.

by Otto Vondrak

Welcome to our forum, seminole. What era of FEC do you want to model? That will narrow down the focus of available equipment, or what you'll have to paint.

As far as getting Tri-Rail equipment, it sounds like you'll need to find someone to custom paint some equipment for you. I cant find any decals for Tri-Rail in N scale...

-otto-