• MEC 506

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by lvrr325

Someone should tell them that when CSX paints the cab roof white to reflect heat, they paint the outside...

Given the dirty environment most locomotives live in, I'm amazed they'd paint anything inside the cab white. But my bet is it's the same white used for the lettering, if the lettering isn't done with decals/stickers, and used on the handrails and steps and so on. The black on the control stand, someone probably went to Wal-mart and got a pint or quart can of whatever was cheapest and black.

by NV290

lvrr325 wrote:Someone should tell them that when CSX paints the cab roof white to reflect heat, they paint the outside...

Given the dirty environment most locomotives live in, I'm amazed they'd paint anything inside the cab white. But my bet is it's the same white used for the lettering, if the lettering isn't done with decals/stickers, and used on the handrails and steps and so on. The black on the control stand, someone probably went to Wal-mart and got a pint or quart can of whatever was cheapest and black.
The lettering is all decals. And to add, they even painted the engine compartment white!

by MEC407

Bizarre. What ever happened to battleship grey?