• Northport

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.

by Spartan Phalanx

Ahh, a maker of PVC fencing. A good example of an off-line customer that NYA serves via a team track. Hopefully NYA will continue to gain more off-line customers that can served at team yards like Hicksville. Those spurs at Hicksville are pretty long and thus have capacity....

by John 61

Here's a short video I took about three years ago of the engines running around at Northport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iQ2NK_KpcI

by Spartan Phalanx

If what they say is true about no more NYA customers east of Greenlawn being serviced, how often can I count on seeing NYA trains run their engines around the consist on the siding at Northport these days?

by Spartan Phalanx

I just caught 156 running around it's consist of one empty and three loaded centerbeam flatcars at Northport, in order to make the run back west to switch Kleet Lumber.

by uhaul

Those MP15(AC?)s sure have some get up and go.
  by The Tenth Legion

This afternoon at 1:12pm I saw an MP-15ac with a cut of boxcars and a mix of loaded and empty centerbeam flatcars waiting in the siding to head back west from Northport. Where was this train prior to Northport where it would've picked up the empty flatcars? I guess the loaded ones were for the customers in Huntington that can only be accessed by westbound NYA trains. Thanks.
  by freightguy

If you saw empty flats in Northport (Duke) they could of been from Ozone Lumber which receives cars at Richmond Hill team track. The RS 30 used to serve that costumer right out the gait on the Lower Montauk. That and American Tissue where the only Eastbound moves on a Port Jeff Branch run. Than they would run around at Northport service everything westbound. This may have included Kleet, Nassau-Suffolk, Huntington Team, and Gallo Wines. Sometimes the slots were really tight and you had to really move to get out of LIRR's way. One guy would put the Kleet's in Nassau Suffolk and vice versa, and once somehow a Gallo wine boxcar in Kleet lumber! :-)
  by The Tenth Legion

Today, around 1:30 pm, one GP38-2 with three boxcars and two loaded centerbeam flatcars waiting to go west in the siding at Northport.
  by The Tenth Legion

Caught an NYA train in the Northport siding waiting to head west at 12:15 this afternoon. What I could see of the consist were loaded centerbeam flatcars. Really couldn't see the power or if there were boxcars and other types of freightcars in the train. Passed by too fast. :(