• Track work on the B&A

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by boatsmate

I think they are doing a great job... I saw them last night starting out from Beacon Park..... I can't beleive the condition of some of the ties they pulled out. They only did this section about 10 yrs ago.... glad to see it being done though.

by CSX Engineer 98

boatsmate wrote:I think they are doing a great job... I saw them last night starting out from Beacon Park..... I can't beleive the condition of some of the ties they pulled out. They only did this section about 10 yrs ago.... glad to see it being done though.
Ya but those ties were in good condition 10yrs ago...so those ties are 25 + years old

by CSX Conductor

boatsmate wrote:I can't beleive the condition of some of the ties they pulled out.
You should see the old ties that the track gang in East Walpole pulled out from the East Walpole Industrial (Former Wrentham Branch). Supposedly the foreman of that gang says he's never seen anything that bad in his career. (Many of the ties crumbled to piles of splinters.). So far it looks like just another Band-Aid fix, with mostly every 5th or 6th tie being replaced.
  by CSX Conductor

NaDspr wrote:Daily there are 41 commuter trains between Boston and Framingham (operating from 5 am to 1 am), 18 on Saturday and 16 on Sunday, 2 Amtraks plus CSX has about 10-15 freight moves per day on this track also. It is a busy section of track.

A lot of planning goes into trying to make everything work.
And you're still doing a great job. :wink: