• CSX Jacksonville

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by CSXT 700

The way it was explained to me, was it was going to go by division. All desks that control trackage in a certin division, will be located at the division HQ. Unless the Chicago Division, is picking up some more lines, all the moves have been made to Cal City.

by Wanderer

CSXT 700 wrote:The way it was explained to me, was it was going to go by division. All desks that control trackage in a certin division, will be located at the division HQ. Unless the Chicago Division, is picking up some more lines, all the moves have been made to Cal City.
Yeah, I'm probably behind in my news. Thanks for the Chi-town update.

by conrail_engineer

CSXT 700 wrote:The way it was explained to me, was it was going to go by division. All desks that control trackage in a certin division, will be located at the division HQ. Unless the Chicago Division, is picking up some more lines, all the moves have been made to Cal City.
That might be an improvement. From what I understand, Dispatch duty in Jax was like being assigned to the salt mines - unpleasant and a dead end. I compare the attitudes of our Indy and Selkirk dispatchers (prior to two-channel, no-talk operation) with that of those unpleasant, surly, incompetent morons who controlled the twelve miles from GN to Willard...it's like the difference between a beloved Irish Setter pet and a junkyard dawg.

Now, if the great brains in Jax could learn that they'd get more if they'd quit using their trainmasters and RFEs like prison guards, and leave them in the terminals of their choice, instead of rotating them...we'd have progress.