• Train Show season is almost here...

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by roadster

The Syracuse show at the NYS Fair grounds I beleive is scheduled for Nov. 6-7. Since my Bday is the 8th, I get to go buy my own Bday presents.

by Otto Vondrak

RIT Fall Train Show & Sale... Sunday, October 24... bigger than last year... modular layouts, more vendors, and the HO scale Rochester & Irondequoit Terminal... what more could you want?

http://www.ritmrc.org/

-otto-

by WANF-11--->Chaser

"... what more could you want? "

Free admission.
  by b&m617

Thanks alcoman, c u there...willl u be in the same place as last year??

Work safe

Derail

by Otto Vondrak

WANF- Then it wouldn't be a fundraiser... ;-) hehe

Tell me about the Albany show?

Personally, there are three train shows I go to every year- RIT's Fall and Spring shows, the Syracuse Fairgrounds Show, and the BIG SHOW in Springfield, Mass.

All train shows are worth your while though- it's always nice if you can help support the groups who put these shows on- from the small fire hall shows to the large productions like The Big Show...

-otto-

by WANF-11--->Chaser

Otto Vondrak wrote:WANF- Then it wouldn't be a fundraiser... ;-) hehe

-otto-
But you asked what more could we ask for? :)

by fglk

The Clayton show should be comeing up in September as well.

by SimTrains

This topic reminds me...

Otto- Will the events sections of railroad.net ever be braught back?

by Otto Vondrak

That's a question for Mike... I would like to. I think it's a matter of time and setting it up again. Not sure how it would fit into the framework of the site and all. Technical stuff!

See some photos from our RIT Spring Train Show...
http://ritmrc.org/photos/2004springshow/index.htm

-otto-

by Alcoman

RE the Albany Show:

I have participated in this show for the last 12 years and always found it was worth the time and effort to sell things there. The attendance varies, but quite often, there have been about 2-5,000 people that attend.
The show has over 400 tables,,give or take about 100 dealers. The tables sell out quickly in most cases. Last year was a bad one with heavy snow the night before which resulted in some dealers not showing up.
If you have not been to this show before, I recommend that you give it try. There is indoor parking avaliable at small price right under the show hall. Elevators are avaliable which takes you to the main floor where the show is.
The show has a mixture of Models, tin-plate, railroadiana, books, slides,timetables,etc.

I plan to sell my slides, back issues of magazines, Alco coffee mugs, used books,etc.
If all goes as planned, I hope to sell copies of R. Steinbrenners Alco book too.
Hope to see you there.
  by b&m617

John is right; I had to miss last year because of the snow, but the year before I found everything on my list and at a good price!! parking is a breeze, under empire state plaza, indoor. I recommend also, see you there!!

Work safe

Derail

by Otto Vondrak

Mid Hudson Valley:

When I was younger, I used to go to the Kingston Armoury show... I always enjoyed that. But now they moved the show to the IBM complex in Kingston, and for some reason, the show has lost some of its charm. Don't ask me how. I went to the show a few months ago, it was ok. I would reccomend it to anyone in the area within a two hour drive, it's worth it.

There is also the show (November??) at the Mid Hudson Civic Center. That show always conffffuses me. It seems like it shoudl be a large show, but it's abotu medium sized. The vendors are always pretty good. I always have the impression that the show could be a lot more packed than it is, however. Worth the drive for anyone within a one-hour distance.

Other Mid-Hudson Valley shows I may have missed?

As an aside, there is a dearth of train shows in Westchester and Rockland. The show at the White Plains County Center went south and turned into a toy show abotu ten years ago. Now what?

-otto-

by Alcoman

OTTO,
There used to be a Train Show in Greenwich,Ct sponsered by the Westchester Model RR Club of Rye, NY. It was at the Civic Center in Old Greenwich.
I don't know if that group is still active or not.

by fglk

Dose anyone know when the Clayton show is comeing up??