• NS "Executive" F7B Pics

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
  by rswinnerton

Guess what was caught coming out of Juniata!!
Very "Southern" motif...

Russ[/img]
Last edited by rswinnerton on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by SOU2645

N&W's diesel schemes (save for the Tuscan on the 500 series GP9's) were without a doubt the worst and ugliest paint schemes to ever adorn diesel locomotives - especially the dreadful 1971 "NW" scheme. The business cars are painted Tuscan and Gold to honor the N&W side of NS's heritage and truthfully the standard NS scheme is more N&W like with it's lack of any gold. Wick Moorman is a former Southern man - a fan and a lover of classic cab units - and this move is his baby. As an NS engineer who grew up on the Southern I applaud him for it.
Larry

by electro soundwave

That is beautiful. Can't wait to see them come down by Hayne.

by electro soundwave

OK, they did not quite give them a true Southern number scheme. if they did, then the numbers would be as follows

F-9A- NS 4270R
F-9A- NS 4271T
F-7B- NS 4275X
F-7B- NS 4276F

And will they actually be sublettered NS, or will they go with one of the companies that they own, such as the CNO&TP?

by jgallaway81

Hey Russ.. thanks for the credit.

Those pictures are two of a string of about 15 I nabbed with my 1.3mp cellphone camera while working as an Engineer Trainee on the CB-10

I also have a 15-second video of them moving it around the shop

by CN9634

Do share please! :-D

by SOU2645

[quote="electro soundwave"]OK, they did not quite give them a true Southern number scheme. if they did, then the numbers would be as follows

F-9A- NS 4270R
F-9A- NS 4271T
F-7B- NS 4275X
F-7B- NS 4276F

The F'B's should be 4400's instead of 4200's to keep the true Southern numbering pattern too.
Larry

by electro soundwave

well, that just means I'll have to refigure that out then :( :( :wink: :-D

by L'mont

Still no pictures of the finished, painted product?

by Off Pending

electro soundwave wrote:
And will they actually be sublettered NS, or will they go with one of the companies that they own, such as the CNO&TP?
Since any new power bought over the past three of four years hasn't gotten anything other than NS sublettering, I'm guessing that's what the F7's will have.

by SOU2645

NS has retired sublettering altogether. New power no longer gets it and they have stopped replacing the old heritage road sublettering with "NS" as they did for a short time. Many units have had the sublettering (including NS sublettered units) stripped off completely.
Larry

by Engineer James

They LOOK AWESOME!!!!!