Railroad Forums 

• NS "Executive" F7B Pics

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.

#370237  by SOU2645

N&W's diesel schemes (save for the Tuscan on the 500 series GP9's) were without a doubt the worst and ugliest paint schemes to ever adorn diesel locomotives - especially the dreadful 1971 "NW" scheme. The business cars are painted Tuscan and Gold to honor the N&W side of NS's heritage and truthfully the standard NS scheme is more N&W like with it's lack of any gold. Wick Moorman is a former Southern man - a fan and a lover of classic cab units - and this move is his baby. As an NS engineer who grew up on the Southern I applaud him for it.
Larry

#370974  by electro soundwave

That is beautiful. Can't wait to see them come down by Hayne.

#371462  by electro soundwave

OK, they did not quite give them a true Southern number scheme. if they did, then the numbers would be as follows

F-9A- NS 4270R
F-9A- NS 4271T
F-7B- NS 4275X
F-7B- NS 4276F

And will they actually be sublettered NS, or will they go with one of the companies that they own, such as the CNO&TP?

#372218  by jgallaway81

Hey Russ.. thanks for the credit.

Those pictures are two of a string of about 15 I nabbed with my 1.3mp cellphone camera while working as an Engineer Trainee on the CB-10

I also have a 15-second video of them moving it around the shop

#372221  by CN9634

Do share please! :-D

#372478  by SOU2645

[quote="electro soundwave"]OK, they did not quite give them a true Southern number scheme. if they did, then the numbers would be as follows

F-9A- NS 4270R
F-9A- NS 4271T
F-7B- NS 4275X
F-7B- NS 4276F

The F'B's should be 4400's instead of 4200's to keep the true Southern numbering pattern too.
Larry

#373585  by electro soundwave

well, that just means I'll have to refigure that out then :( :( :wink: :-D

#373645  by L'mont

Still no pictures of the finished, painted product?

#374333  by Off Pending

electro soundwave wrote:
And will they actually be sublettered NS, or will they go with one of the companies that they own, such as the CNO&TP?
Since any new power bought over the past three of four years hasn't gotten anything other than NS sublettering, I'm guessing that's what the F7's will have.

#374618  by SOU2645

NS has retired sublettering altogether. New power no longer gets it and they have stopped replacing the old heritage road sublettering with "NS" as they did for a short time. Many units have had the sublettering (including NS sublettered units) stripped off completely.
Larry

#379191  by Engineer James

They LOOK AWESOME!!!!!