• Pennsylvania Car

• General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment
General discussion about locomotives, rolling stock, and equipment

Moderator: John_Perkowski

by Ken W2KB

Tadman wrote:Is there a Juniata Terminal railroad or rail-oriented enterprise other than the E's and PRR-liveried rolling stock?
Here's a brief quote from a news article of some years ago:

Juniata Terminal is a transload facility. Its 50,000-square-foot, 3-track building was built in 1928 by the PRR, as the Philadelphia terminal for its less-than-carload freight service. Currently, JT uses a portion of the structure for a full-service restoration and repair shop for passenger cars, diesel locomotives, and heavy equipment. A wholly owned JT subsidiary is in the locomotive leasing business.

by Engineer James

Think I have seen that car before. In a book. I think with a PC E8 just before Amtrak took over a New England line. It looks in great shape.

by gawlikfj

It looked like the name on the Pennsy car was a long one but,the first part of the name looked like FOX.
I hope this helps.

by John_Perkowski

There is lots of good discussion here, but it's not pertinent to Amtrak, rather to PV, formerly business and revenue cars of the railroads, now owned by the Juniata Terminal.

Thank you for your patience. The thread is re-opened, and by consent of Mr Joe Grossman, it's off to the General Discussion: Locomotives, Rolling Stock, and Equipment Forum

by John_Perkowski

As a member,

I remember the write-up Trains Magazine had years ago about PRR 120. I've studied PV, and I would love to see her someday!

John Perkowski