• MEC 505 to emerge in Pan Am paint this weekend?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

There are photos of it at:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/

by scottychaos

SPACEMONKEY wrote:Does anyone plan on snapping any photos along the way or have any photos of this new paint? if so, please post!!:)
there are already photos (links) in this thread..scroll up! :wink:

Scot

by SPACEMONKEY

Hey thanks all!!

ok, well I like the blue and black combo, but I agree they need to add something on the nose, but it's new and yea I guess it looks as good as can be expected, from an Air line! :)

by CN9634

It's kinda like other guilford units. I mean it's a basic 2 color scheme. It's got the logo on the side, the MEC, The Number, and nothing on the front.

PAP

by SPACEMONKEY

Maybe they could paint what's left of the Railroad police cruisers in PAN AM colors ? that would turn a few heads!! then people might think they actually still have a police dept after seeing a PAN AM POLICE cruiser.

by Skullitor

H.A.P.T. team member Carl Harrison spotted # 505 on 11-7-06 at Danville
Junction,Me. :wink: He reported it on a few yahoogroups,Such as [email protected] or [email protected] ID was "POWA"I don't remember a post on it leaving Waterville.I hope
someone gives a heads up when it heads west towards East Deerfield yard.

by Jonny Bolt

I wonder why they would only put the "globe" on one side, and leave the nose so plain? Kind of "unfinished" looking. Oh well, atleast its blue.

I think they should put the globe on the nose with "PAR" in the middle of it.

by jkrail

NellsChoo wrote:I'm sort of on the fence here... I hate seeing an airline on a locomotive for one thing... that looks silly!! My other complaint is that the front section is way too empty. Looks like a quicky paint job. Maybe a logo on the nose?
Hello Nells and All:
I got the impression that this could be a work in progress. The person that I talked to also thought that the nose needed something.
I think that the logo would be a good choice for the nose but we will see.
Jerry

by Skullitor

I have a report from Team member Joey"Mr.Purple Trains"Kelley, MEC 505 was on train MABA.It made it up to "The Keag"Now at Northern Maine Junction in Bangor.
  by thomas81z

today it was a beautful day so my son and i went what else but railfanning ,so we loaded up camera bags snacks and headed down to bradford station after a couple of downeasters and t trains my son was on the otherside of tracks when he yelled "dad the pan am engine" and low and behold 505 was on the head end :-) funny thing was my son chris who is 12 said the same the front looks to plain!!!!it was a great day :P
  by Skullitor

thomas81z wrote:today it was a beautful day so my son and i went what else but railfanning ,so we loaded up camera bags snacks and headed down to bradford station after a couple of downeasters and t trains my son was on the otherside of tracks when he yelled "dad the pan am engine" and low and behold 505 was on the head end :-) funny thing was my son chris who is 12 said the same the front looks to plain!!!!it was a great day :P
TOM; Which way was the 505 headed? East to Maine or West toward Ayer?
  by thomas81z

Skullitor wrote:
thomas81z wrote:today it was a beautful day so my son and i went what else but railfanning ,so we loaded up camera bags snacks and headed down to bradford station after a couple of downeasters and t trains my son was on the otherside of tracks when he yelled "dad the pan am engine" and low and behold 505 was on the head end :-) funny thing was my son chris who is 12 said the same the front looks to plain!!!!it was a great day :P
west torwards boston
  by Skullitor

thomas81z wrote:
Skullitor wrote:
west torwards boston
Tom I see it went west to Mohawk Yard in N.Y. For N.S. or C.P. Will return today on the PIG JOB "MOAY"
Skull