Railroad Forums 

• MEC 505 to emerge in Pan Am paint this weekend?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#316652  by MEC407

There are photos of it at:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/

#316696  by scottychaos

SPACEMONKEY wrote:Does anyone plan on snapping any photos along the way or have any photos of this new paint? if so, please post!!:)
there are already photos (links) in this thread..scroll up! :wink:

Scot

#316878  by SPACEMONKEY

Hey thanks all!!

ok, well I like the blue and black combo, but I agree they need to add something on the nose, but it's new and yea I guess it looks as good as can be expected, from an Air line! :)

#316907  by CN9634

It's kinda like other guilford units. I mean it's a basic 2 color scheme. It's got the logo on the side, the MEC, The Number, and nothing on the front.

PAP

#316926  by SPACEMONKEY

Maybe they could paint what's left of the Railroad police cruisers in PAN AM colors ? that would turn a few heads!! then people might think they actually still have a police dept after seeing a PAN AM POLICE cruiser.

#317491  by Skullitor

H.A.P.T. team member Carl Harrison spotted # 505 on 11-7-06 at Danville
Junction,Me. :wink: He reported it on a few yahoogroups,Such as [email protected] or [email protected] ID was "POWA"I don't remember a post on it leaving Waterville.I hope
someone gives a heads up when it heads west towards East Deerfield yard.

#318126  by Jonny Bolt

I wonder why they would only put the "globe" on one side, and leave the nose so plain? Kind of "unfinished" looking. Oh well, atleast its blue.

I think they should put the globe on the nose with "PAR" in the middle of it.

#318408  by jkrail

NellsChoo wrote:I'm sort of on the fence here... I hate seeing an airline on a locomotive for one thing... that looks silly!! My other complaint is that the front section is way too empty. Looks like a quicky paint job. Maybe a logo on the nose?
Hello Nells and All:
I got the impression that this could be a work in progress. The person that I talked to also thought that the nose needed something.
I think that the logo would be a good choice for the nose but we will see.
Jerry

#318429  by Skullitor

I have a report from Team member Joey"Mr.Purple Trains"Kelley, MEC 505 was on train MABA.It made it up to "The Keag"Now at Northern Maine Junction in Bangor.
 #324646  by thomas81z

today it was a beautful day so my son and i went what else but railfanning ,so we loaded up camera bags snacks and headed down to bradford station after a couple of downeasters and t trains my son was on the otherside of tracks when he yelled "dad the pan am engine" and low and behold 505 was on the head end :-) funny thing was my son chris who is 12 said the same the front looks to plain!!!!it was a great day :P
 #324726  by Skullitor

thomas81z wrote:today it was a beautful day so my son and i went what else but railfanning ,so we loaded up camera bags snacks and headed down to bradford station after a couple of downeasters and t trains my son was on the otherside of tracks when he yelled "dad the pan am engine" and low and behold 505 was on the head end :-) funny thing was my son chris who is 12 said the same the front looks to plain!!!!it was a great day :P
TOM; Which way was the 505 headed? East to Maine or West toward Ayer?
 #324779  by thomas81z

Skullitor wrote:
thomas81z wrote:today it was a beautful day so my son and i went what else but railfanning ,so we loaded up camera bags snacks and headed down to bradford station after a couple of downeasters and t trains my son was on the otherside of tracks when he yelled "dad the pan am engine" and low and behold 505 was on the head end :-) funny thing was my son chris who is 12 said the same the front looks to plain!!!!it was a great day :P
west torwards boston
 #325030  by Skullitor

thomas81z wrote:
Skullitor wrote:
west torwards boston
Tom I see it went west to Mohawk Yard in N.Y. For N.S. or C.P. Will return today on the PIG JOB "MOAY"
Skull