• West side of Newark Branch

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Dougster

MarkRouters wrote:They were receiving cars all of the time until about 6 months ago. Then they suddenly stopped. This is the first car since then.
Right. I was wondering why the lapse. Did a new company buy the property and have to get started, did the company have to revamp its operation, whatever?

by MarkRouters

The black tank car is gone. There is now a white one at WAS Terminals Inc. in Newark.
  by JohnFPorcaro

I'm posting this twice because of the two threads.

"Got 2 reports that at about 10:40PM in Nutley."
  by JohnFPorcaro

Drove past Wallace Street in Newark & saw that the Tanker car that was there since 9/27/2006 was gone.
You can see a picture of it here(plus the one before 9/27):

http://members.aol.com/Porcarocpu/rrwas.html
Last edited by JohnFPorcaro on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

by MarkRouters

Thanks John. I was just thinking about taking a ride past there. Guess you saved me a trip. Lets hope this customer stays active now.

by ryanov

blockline4180 wrote: I would love to explore down there, but I don't want to be tagged for "target practice"
I wouldn't worry about it -- I drive through there regularly.
  by JohnFPorcaro

Was doing a Sunday drive yesterday, following the old Newark Branch, this time going the opposite way into Clifton. Drove by a company on Brigton Road called Van Ness and saw 3 cars on the side. Does anybody know how often this company uses the rail service ?

by NJ Vike

There's a nice article, with pictures, in this month's Midlander. If you're interested, go here. It's a great society:

http://njmidland.railfan.net/

by NJ Vike

Forgot to mention that you can purchase the article with the Newark Branch in it. The Erie Lackawanna also had some stories published in it as well.

by MarkRouters

I was driving down Mcarter highway in Newark last night and I think I saw a tank car sitting at the chemical company (WAS terminals Inc?) at the end of the track. I went by pretty quick and I didn't get a good look. Can any body verify? I want tom belive this line still has some life left in it. I still didn't get a chance to get a pic of a train going over the viaduct in Nutley.
  by JohnFPorcaro

Just drove by & yes there is a car there.
There wasn't one there Tuesday, that I know.
Its Alive! Alive!

by General

WAS Terminal is still in business? I thought that they closed up shop a year or two ago.
  by JohnFPorcaro

There are always trucks in and out there.
Now a rail tanker car.