• Salamanca, NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by MarkT

Going to Allegeny State Park next week and always go to the train museum there. Are any of the WNY&P or NS trains regularly scheduled through Salamanca? Or are they run as necessary? Like to photograph some action through there if possible.

I've made arrangements with the museum curator, I'm donating 13 years of Trains magazines to the museum. Hope this helps them out, as I always enjoy going there. If you haven't been there it is a great restoration of the building, and they have some nice displays in there.

by WNYRailfan

I think they run on an as needed basis. Jerry Fordham seems to know when they come by because he is always in the museum. If you stop by ask him and he'll give you an estimated time. I have always liked that museum. I have been there 4 times and will miss it while I will be living out of state for awhile. If you stop by the museum look at the red ERIE caboose closest to the museum. See how many numbers you can make out on the caboose. I can make out at least 3 sets...always wondered which sets were ERIE and which ones were E-L.