• Urbana

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by Hoosierailnut

I know the IO serves Urbana viua the old NYC line that ran from Bellefontaine to Springfield but what business is on the line? I think if memory serves me there is some business in Urbana that is east of town on the old PRR Bradford line.
Do they run to Belefountain and connect with CSX there?
  by ichogger

The line seves a grain elevator on the east side of town,also the are a few industries there. Orbis is one of the them. They use the old Erie for part of there work as wel as the old Bradford line. In Bellfountaine the line is severed about a 1/4 mile from the Indianapolis line of the old Big Four.