• Railfanning the commuter rail operations

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by njtmnrrbuff

How is Halifax in terms of photography? I looked at the bus schedule for the PAL and not too many serve the station. While there is more service at Independence Mall, I could see that the street leading from the train station to the mall isn't straight. If I decide to go to Lowell, how is the neighborhood around the station?
  by CRail

Otto Vondrak wrote:Corey, you're wrong.

The MBTA Photo Permit is easy to get. You send in your application (write to T Customer Service to obtain the application). You can fax it or e-mail it back to the T, and then it gets processed. You usually hear back from the Marketing Dept. within a working week (they say allow up to two weeks). The permit costs NOTHING, it is FREE. It is good SYSTEM WIDE and is valid for ONE MONTH. There was absolutely NO HASSLE to obtain a permit from the T- aside from having to show up on a weekday to claim it. And to erase any doubt, you need a T Photo Permit to take pictures ANYWHERE ON T PROPERTY- this includes light rail, rapid transit, and commuter rail. T property generally refers to platforms and stations, any public non-T areas are fair game.

NJT? They want to photograph and fingerprint you. You are also required to call the NJT Police and let them know a day in advance where you plan to be to take pictures. NTJ easier than MBTA? I don't think so. And I won't debate it here.

-otto-
Well that was bold.
If you call that easy than so be it, i dont call that easy and i wont debate it here. Also, NJT is completely irrelevant, insteat of taking everything i say as a personal blow, try to learn things from what people say, even if it does dissagree with how you feel.

The Neighborhood around Lowell station is mostly businesses. There really isnt much of anything i know of that i would consider dangerous, especially during the day.

by Otto Vondrak

Corey, thanks very much for contributing your wit and wisdom to the conversation. Perhaps it is you who should not be offended when you are corrected. You said the T permit costs money which is does not. If you consider filling out a short form hard work, then I wish you luck in the real world. :-)

-otto the big bully-

by njtmnrrbuff

Thanks,
I will actually be in Boston probably this spring.