• trains in Dartmouth??

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Tonight, 10/20, i heard a horn, at first i was like that wasn't a train, but then i heard it being blown a second time, and it was indeed a train horn, but i heard this horn at 8:35pm, and i don't what it was.....any answers to my puzzle??? there is a RR crossing near the UMASS dartmouth school, about a mile and half away, but i though only CSX used it on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and i know CSX is not in the area still, im sure they are back at Middleboro getting ready for B726, does the Bay Colony have a engine down here?? thanks,

Matt

by CSX Conductor

Not sure, sorry. I'm pretty sure BCLR has an engine in North Dartmouth.

It could have been them, or if MI-2 (B727) outlawed, MI-1 (B726) woukld have had to re-crewed them.

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea, it must be the Bay Colony, cause how would B727 outlaw? there isn'
t that much work to do in the New Bedford area, is there?

by CSX Conductor

If MI-2 outlawed it may not neccessarily be due to their work-load. A major loss of time is the 10mph speed restriction. :(

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

is the whole line from Cotely Junction to NB 10 mph?!!

by CSX Engineer 98

Yes it is
  by GP40MC1118

The schedules may have been thrown out the window too due to flooding.

Though I did not personally observe it, there was major flooding at Nash
Road in New Bedford. I went by on Tuesday and the rails were heavily
rusted. CSX and BCLR did operate Wednesday.

There was a minor reference in an article in today's Standard-Times about the Taunton Dam/dams/flooding regarding a water rushing down the tracks at Howland Rd in Lakeville. Maybe there were problems up
in that area.

D
  by CSX Conductor

GP40MC1118 wrote:The schedules may have been thrown out the window too due to flooding.
Normal business on the Cranberry Division. No headaches due to the rain. :-)

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Bay Colony does have an engine down here, i checked their website and it says they keep 1 engine in the area, a GP9 i believe