Railroad Forums 

• trains in Dartmouth??

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#177598  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Tonight, 10/20, i heard a horn, at first i was like that wasn't a train, but then i heard it being blown a second time, and it was indeed a train horn, but i heard this horn at 8:35pm, and i don't what it was.....any answers to my puzzle??? there is a RR crossing near the UMASS dartmouth school, about a mile and half away, but i though only CSX used it on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and i know CSX is not in the area still, im sure they are back at Middleboro getting ready for B726, does the Bay Colony have a engine down here?? thanks,

Matt

#177752  by CSX Conductor

Not sure, sorry. I'm pretty sure BCLR has an engine in North Dartmouth.

It could have been them, or if MI-2 (B727) outlawed, MI-1 (B726) woukld have had to re-crewed them.

#177790  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea, it must be the Bay Colony, cause how would B727 outlaw? there isn'
t that much work to do in the New Bedford area, is there?

#177966  by CSX Conductor

If MI-2 outlawed it may not neccessarily be due to their work-load. A major loss of time is the 10mph speed restriction. :(
 #178200  by GP40MC1118

The schedules may have been thrown out the window too due to flooding.

Though I did not personally observe it, there was major flooding at Nash
Road in New Bedford. I went by on Tuesday and the rails were heavily
rusted. CSX and BCLR did operate Wednesday.

There was a minor reference in an article in today's Standard-Times about the Taunton Dam/dams/flooding regarding a water rushing down the tracks at Howland Rd in Lakeville. Maybe there were problems up
in that area.

D
 #178283  by CSX Conductor

GP40MC1118 wrote:The schedules may have been thrown out the window too due to flooding.
Normal business on the Cranberry Division. No headaches due to the rain. :-)

#178436  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Bay Colony does have an engine down here, i checked their website and it says they keep 1 engine in the area, a GP9 i believe