• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by pdtrains

I just PM'd the guy saying that his comments were not appropriate, IMHO. Didnt want to start something going here..
  by JohnFromJersey

WashingtonPark wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:00 pm Section L "The divulging of the Company’s business affairs to persons other than those
authorized to receive such information is prohibited." When I worked for the railroad I was told by the authorities this specifically referred to things such as contracts that were being put up for bid, what the bids were, what kind of payments were being made to suppliers, what kind of financial deals were being made with other companies, etc. I hardly think telling some one what track was being worked on next or when it might be finished would compromise any company business affairs as this stuff is all readily accessible to the public as opposed to contracts that would be kept private for financial reasons. This just sounds like a guy holding a grudge who thinks talking tough will scare somebody.
Another thing to note - trackwork is hardly something confidential. We can all go outside and take a gander at what C&D/DRRR and/or CR are doing to their physical tracks that go through some pretty public areas.
RFRailFan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:14 am Small article on the old Black River No. 752...

https://www.redbankgreen.com/2024/01/re ... on-013124/
Article got one thing wrong. 752 was built to pull long lumber trains in the PNW - not tourist trains in the PNW. Interesting that 752 is back to pulling lumber trains, albeit a long ways away from home.
  by Bracdude181

They had 2 for Woodhaven.

Approaching Oak Glen Road 11:56 am

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

Correction, Victory Road at 11:56.

North through Farmingdale 12:28 PM

by RFRailFan

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:44 pm North at DCS PAT 1:44 PM

I know ROOSEVELT is in vicinity of NWS Earle. Where is PAT?
  by Bracdude181

ROOSEVELT is over by Earle yes. PAT is at the Patterson Ave crossing in front of the signal that always displays a yellow aspect. Also has a sign saying Begin NORAC Rule whatever it says. I don't remember.

by Bracdude181

3 cars for Freehold tomorrow. 2 empties to pick up in Farmingdale

by JohnFromJersey

There is talk that Amazon is looking to buy up a boatload of property in the Monmouth County area. Specifically around the airport in Wall.

I have not been able to find reliable and/or direct sources about this development, but rumor has it that Amazon wants to buy the land behind Wall Stadium (and allegedly Wall Stadium itself), as well as bits and pieces around the airport, and parts of the airport itself. This means, likely Amazon will create a pretty big facility/compound area where they will be able to fly stuff in and out of whatever they build (if they build it)

On some of the Facebook pages, there was speculation that Amazon would use the nearby railroad(s). Amazon has been utilizing railroads a whole lot more in recent years (I have seen it myself, mile+ long freight trains full of Amazon containers running up and down the west side of the Hudson River), and, historically, there are RoWs that would connect to the general area of where Amazon would put their warehouses. The old gravel & sandpit that ran across Belmar Blvd, and the historical F&J RoW that ran to Manasquan. The former route would involve a hell of a lot of land purchasing/easement agreements, and the latter would likely be a tough up-hill battle, since it runs through Allaire State Park.

More likely, IF Amazon uses the railroad IF they build this warehouse(s?), they would likely construct some sort of intermodal facility where containers would be loaded and offloaded, if they didn't do it somewhere in North Jersey. But, according to this article, Amazon has been using intermodal facilities that are very close to their warehouses - North Jersey is close, but those terminals are oftentimes crowded and take a while to offload and onload stuff, not to mention all the traffic congestion up there.

The other issue with this speculative theory is, you can't run double stacks around here. Single stacks are fine, but that means a MUCH longer train. The only way you'd be able to get Double-Stacks going, is if you somewhere routed them onto the Trenton Subdivision.
  by CharlieL

If they were to reactivate the line from Farmingdale east, they would not need to enter Allaire or even cross 195. The old gravel pits behind Wall stadium are only a half mile from the old ROW.

Not that they would do that.