• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CR7876

JohnFromJersey wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:18 pm It seems like C&D wants to get this entire thing done by July 31 of this year. The turnout project document says they want it done by July 31, and the document that needed contractors for Fairfield-Yellowbrook said they want it done by July 31.
I wonder if those projects are using phase 1 money and they need to be completed before time runs out.
  by Bracdude181

All the old track between Adelphia and Yellowbrook roads is gone. They might start working on Yellowbrook to Fairfield later today.
  by CR2721

That last picture looks like it would be ideal for a future runaround track. Plenty of room. Why it would be put right there would be ridiculous, I know. Just an observation.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

by JohnFromJersey

CR2721 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:39 am That last picture looks like it would be ideal for a future runaround track. Plenty of room. Why it would be put right there would be ridiculous, I know. Just an observation.
The ROW is pretty wide there. After all, the Pennsylvania Railroad almost double tracked the entire Freehold & Jamesburg RR... almost.
pumpers wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:00 am On the 2nd pic above, the one with the paved road next to the ROW, is that the driveway into Stavola? JS
I wonder if Stavola will become a customer of DRRR sooner or later. Stavola's plant on the Middlebrook Industrial Track started getting service again
  by pdtrains

Obviously, nothing in the RFP for a runaround there...

It WOULD make sense, tho, to lengthen the Lakewood runaround, which was built stupidly short, (IMHO)
  by AceMacSD

RustyRail5634 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:43 am Pipe down. It's possible for people to figure out the speed of a train. The speed of my vehicle was matched exactly with the train, and it read 25, if you were there, you'd know. It's also easy to compare the speed of this train with other trains that run at the same speed. If it wasn't a safety concern from people who have seen a thing or two, it wouldn't make a difference. I really don't care if you "work" for a railroad, or this railroad (even after a representative from the company came on here and said no employees are on this forum), just because someone is a buff doesn't mean they're automatically wrong about what they say.
No, Rustyboy, I won't pipe down. I've been away for a few days and haven't had a second to see the inaccuracies you've posted here. It's very entertaining to hear from you who "have seen a thing or two" not knowing what you're even looking at or how the operation really works. Regardless of what you believe, I don't care either way, the rest of your post is also inaccurate.
  by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:04 pm Or reopen to Lakehurst and make use of the 25 car siding.
For what purpose? There's nothing down there, nor is there a need for that stretch of track.