• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

Hmm. Maybe they did have inbounds then.

Please let us know if you hear them again. If they were going south they should come back within an hour.
  by Bracdude181

Northbound at DCS LAKEWOOD 11:22 AM

752 is going back to Red Bank light. 2005 and all 6 cars were dropped at Woodhaven.
  by CharlieL

752 light thru northbound Farmingdale 12:10 PM. Someone recording from a Toyota. Crossing gate non-functional. Flagger got wet.
  by Bracdude181

Those lights haven’t worked since the JCPL substation fires. Weirdly Central Ave wasn’t affected nor was Marl Rd…

A friend has informed me Tracks Unlimited is going to be doing some form of work in the area they were seen at earlier. Something about a “patch job”

RB-1 Northbound at DCS EARLE 12:51 PM
  by FrontFrank

Was driving to the Howell Lowes and saw a nice looking backhoe clearing brush on the switch track that goes into the old lumberyard on Oak Glen Rd. Now it's Ferguson. Came back and saw the area by the tracks was all cleared out as well. Is Conrail putting in something new? I heard the Howell residents were trying to fight off a Lakewood backed garbage dump in that area. Could this have anything to do with the dump?
  by CharlieL

FrontFrank, you should perhaps copy this into the Delaware and Raritan River thread, as they now handle freight along this line, having taken over from Conrail. Maybe they are picking up a new customer. That would be good.
  by AceMacSD

It's a tie replacement job. They are going to be delivering new ties there. From there they will be dropped where ties need to be replaced.

On another note, I thought the dump plan fell through?