• Pan Am Worcester Main Line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by jaymac

Bow, NH is the location for Public Service of New Hampshire's coal-fired Merrimack Station power plant. The limestone is used as part of the plant's flue gas desulfurization mitigation program. As with the coal, limestone shipments are on a before-need basis and not on a set schedule. in "ye olde" days, there could be 3x100-hopper coal shipments per week. That got cut back to 3x88 weekly, and further reduced when Bow was reduced to a peak-demand facility.
  by NHV 669

Only the two unit trains in '22 so far, and the last group was what, spring of two years ago?
  by jaymac

0731 and 0742/06-18-2022 XNG noise for X7.8 and X6.0, probably M427.
  by rustyrails

Why is the Q427 called the M427 now?
  by NHV 669

Because CSX chose to change the symbol, as they've done with plenty of other jobs lately.
  by taracer

They've changed the symbol on all trains system wide. Intermodals are I, manifests M, locals L . Work trains are still W.
  by rustyrails

Thanks for that. I noticed a lot of rail is sitting in the CSX yard in Worcester. I saw work crews working in Wesboro. Do you know if any work will be done west of Worcester. Is there a web site that gives work schedules?
  by jaymac

0726, 0737, and 0747/06-20-2022 were XNG noises for X7.8, X6.0, and Burncoat. Wind coulda been wrong, but never heard New Bond noise. Presumable buhbye to PARs 2 and 1.
  by GP40MC1118

That rail train in Worcester is for the MBTA. Was moved to Beacon Park. Was supposed to go to the Gloucester Branch, but now a few strings in the Lawrence area. The rest is now for the B&A.
  by jaymac

Following XNG noises to the east, it was X7.8's turn at 0752/06-28-2022. As of 0812, no noise heard for X6.0, hopefully meaning just a recrew there instead of something more complicated.
  by jaymac

0721 and 0732/07-01-2022 XNG noise for X7.8 and X6.0. --presumably M427 -- but none for Burncoat as of 0745, so mebbe recrew there.

Edited for update: M427 with CSXTs 464 and 5381 -- the power couple from the 06-29 M426 --- was sitting at New Bond at 0830. Cars reached back to just shy of Papa Gino's. C&D loads were up front then a mix of MT centerbeams, LPGs, boxes, and older covered hoppers.
  by rustyrails

Saw a train on the siding track in Greendale. CSX engine and two cars that looked like dining cars but one was telemetry. I don't know when it pulled in and I don't know where or when it's heading out. Does anyone have a clue about this train parked on the siding running?
  by arthur d.

The CSX geometry train. Surveying their new kingdom.