Railroad Forums 

• Pan Am Worcester Main Line

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1551203  by rustyrails

Thanks a bunch Ken, that clears up a magnitude of questions.I really appreciate it. I was wondering if the bridge that the Worcester main line crosses under the Fitchburg secondary in Clinton is accessible?
 #1551207  by Red Wing

You can see the bridge from the Sterling St. crossing. It's right behind the old two story union station.
 #1559041  by jwhite07

While out and about in Worcester this evening I spotted SEPO/Q426 Idling away at Greendale with LTEX MP15DC #1524 painted in blue and white, right behind the road power. Per another thread elsewhere on Railroad.net there was a report that WATCO was swapping out power at Rumford, Maine and a unit presumed destined for that purpose had been spotted at Greendale recently, but this is not the same switcher mentioned in that thread. Is WATCO getting another one, or where else could LTEX 1524 be destined?
 #1559048  by rustyrails

I rolled through the area around 1:15 and the Q427 was headed west to CP45. At that time the LTEX 1524 wasn’t there. Do you know where it comes from and who delivers it? As I type this the Q426 is looking for a form D to MPX25 and is mentioning the LTEX 1525. The dispatcher was inquiring about it and said it has to be inspected. I wonder when it’s departing and where it’s destination is going to be?
 #1582448  by johnpbarlow

Didn't know where to place this newsworthy tidbit but a loaded grain train from CSX, G103, is heading to Ayer in the wee hours of Wednesday morning via the B&A and the Worcester Main. Don't know why this train is not operating on PAS D3 - perhaps there is a crew shortage or some other reason...
 #1582462  by rustyrails

There has been some strange stuff going on lately! Somebody finally took that blue boxcar from siding track at Burncoat. They fixed the door months ago.
 #1594111  by johnhenry

Unusual to see PAR power (7541, 7534) sitting with crew at MP3 between the Gardner switch and New Bond St yesterday at around 5pm. Maybe waiting for cars from the P&W (Limestone for BOW?) and going to do a power swap using the branch to do the transfer?