• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by JohnFromJersey

pumpers wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:26 pm
JohnFromJersey wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:02 pm I'd argue that the South Jersey topic is a little too broad... There are a lot of different lines down there ranging from the NEC to the Vineland Secondary to ...
NEC in SouthJersey?
Good point, I forgot that the NEC crosses over into PA in Central Jersey, not South Jersey

That being said there's still a ton of lines in SJ like the Vineland Secondary that are operated by a few differet operators, and they don't have their own threads. They are supposed to be all in the "South Jersey" thread, which I don't think is fair.
Here, we have a HUGE thread about a SINGULAR line that's lucky to get a fraction of the traffic some SJ lines get, and there's almost 800 pages here! Not to mention the separate historical Winslow-Woodmansie thread started recently
  by R&DB

chris;
If the C&D/D&D takeover does occur and they connect Freehold and Farmingdale, you will not see wonderfull vintage power through Shrewbury / Eatontown. It will be going through Freehold to the Southern. Sorry my friend. :(
  by RailsEast

Indeed, Harry; by the time things are running Farmingdale-Freehold, I will be too old to drive. I shall live vicariously through the younger members here, for they shall document the future...
  by Bracdude181

If C&D is gonna use engines like 2005 and 2006 down here then don’t get any high hopes for good power.

A n y t h i n g from Conrail is better than those two.
  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181 you talk as if the engines are brands of caviar...
  by R&DB

RailsEast wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 pm Indeed, Harry; by the time things are running Farmingdale-Freehold, I will be too old to drive. I shall live vicariously through the younger members here, for they shall document the future...
Chrisl
I have about 9-10 years on you and can still drive (carefully). I have been aware of the CNJ Southern Division since the late 1950s when being stuck on Sycamore Ave while CNJ drilled coal cars in and out of Lawes. Having grown up a few blocks fron the NYLB I saw alot of different motive power. Hopefully we will both see some of the vintage power we saw when we were vounger om the Southern in the near future.
  by Bracdude181

Believe it or not both CSX and NS have SD40s in their fleets that were owned by the CNJ at one point. However NS has rebuilt one into an SD33ECO or something like that and assigned it to either Buffalo or Chicago, so we won’t be seeing that particular engine.
  by Bracdude181

Power change at Browns. CSX 6159 replaced 6228. Ugh.
  by CharlieL

Good grief, Bracdude. I have heard of "wine snobs", are you an "engine snob" ?
  by Bracdude181

@CharlieL What? I like 6228. I can’t be disappointed that it’s leaving? Lol
  by Bracdude181

Permission on Church 3:32 PM

Power and car count unknown
  by Bracdude181

Permission to open up 3:53 PM
  by Bracdude181

Lined and Locked normal 4:07 PM

Permission to head west.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 took Track 2 all the way down to BANK interlocking.

From the sound of the horn It would seem that 6160 is leading again.
  by Jersey Rail FIlmmakers

6160 + 11 with a tank today…