• Hurricane Ida cancellations

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by west point

Passengers south of Albay for LSL are going to have problems needing to get to Albany or New York Penn. New York passengers Toledo and west can of course be accommodated on either Cardinale's dates; Capitol from WASH or by Pittsburgh. For passengers east of Toledo by train the poor choice is only NYP - New Haven - Springfield - Boston Lakeshore. What would be the possible times departure or arrival for this very unlikely routing ?.
  by STrRedWolf

west point wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:38 pm Passengers south of Albay for LSL are going to have problems needing to get to Albany or New York Penn. New York passengers Toledo and west can of course be accommodated on either Cardinale's dates; Capitol from WASH or by Pittsburgh. For passengers east of Toledo by train the poor choice is only NYP - New Haven - Springfield - Boston Lakeshore. What would be the possible times departure or arrival for this very unlikely routing ?.
I think you got a few items wrong there. Let me check the map...

Passengers going Cleveland-and-points-west-to-Chicago from New York can take the Capitol Limited-NEC combo. Chicago-NYC has the Capitol Limited-NEC combo or the Cardinal.

East-of-Cleveland? Yeah, you got to go to Springfield at least and do Springfield-New Haven-NYP...
Due to severe weather with significant rainfall along the Northeast Corridor, all Amtrak service between Albany and New York City on Empire Service and Ethan Allen Express trains is suspended. Alternate transportation will be provided for some trains.
...or grab the busitute from Albany that guns down I-87 to New York.
  by Railjunkie

STrRedWolf wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:57 am City of New Orleans service is back running the full route starting with 59(27) and 58(28).

Empire Service, Maple Leaf, and LSL are taking a 5-8 minute delay as MetroNorth works on track repairs.
Empire Schedule was tweaked five to eight minutes due to the repairs on MNRR south of Harmon. Figure repairs wont be finished till some time in December.